Monday 17 January 2011

First FO of the new year!


My first FO of the new year is the Oslo Walk shawl, and I will have to make more of these... I have some handspun 50/50 white baby camel/silk just begging to become one of these beauties! The beading was a real b*tch and took absolutely ages! Well... it took a few days. Then the rest of the lace, and when I got to the main body, the rest was a walk in the park. A walk in an Oslo park to be specific. The Vigeland sculpture park.

Knitted in the talented Babylonglegs' Boolace in "Cushdie" (that I rescued from her stall at KnitNation in the summer), it is more burgundy than in the cruddy picture, more like a glass of well aged port! The beads were 9/0 rocailles beads in 3 different shades of pink, bloody small, fiddly and annoying - but came out beautifully nonetheless!

Now I am nearly done with the lace edging of the Peacock Shawl by 'Kitman Figueroa' - this one in some handspun 2ply fingering weight, spun from a luuuurvely merino blend called 'Winter Grounds' I got from Yarnahoy's etsy shop. The yarn was spun and finished, but languishing in the deep recesses of my stash. It's not looking too bad at the moment, so I guess I'll just have to wait for the magic of blocking to see the end result... After I've finished it that is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment