Monday 13 September 2010

A year! Phew!


Omigosh! I can't quite believe it's been a year since my last post... See, I said I was a terrible procrastinator. So since my last post I have made a few batts, sold a couple, spun a lot of yarn, and bought 2 new wheels. Oh, and Freya is no longer in the McCormick household... she's with a friend who is sure to look after her. Now I'm beginning to really miss her, even though she's been gone for months. In February I bought Ginny, the Ashford Joy, and about 6 weeks ago I bought Tilly the Ashford Traveller. At the moment she has some merino silk in Woodland from Saras Texture Crafts on her bobbin.

I also went to Knit Nation this year, as I couldn't make it to Wonderwool... I WILL be going to wonderwool next year :) as hubby has promised he'd take me. I spent far too much money and bought loads of fluff anyd yarn. 2 skeins of Wollmeise lace came home with me, 2 skeins of Natural Dye Studio Dazzle HT, plenty of Babylonglegs fluff, some alpaca sock blend and cappucino alpaca/merino from John Arbon, some Easyknitter BFL, 2 braids of Juno Fibre Arts fluff.... and some wicked little stitchmarkers from The Bothered Owl. I am sure there is more, but I can't remember.

In a few days, my eldest son will be 10. That is scary. And just last Monday was my youngest's first day at p/t preschool... That was even more scary. I admit it, I cried like a girl. Well, I am a girl so I'm allowed to do that, right? Besides, he's my baby and he's growing up - something he should never do. He should remain my little cuddler. No, he should grow to be a big, strong kind little brother (although I do have my suspicions that he'll be the biggest of them all). He's settled in fine, and is learning new stuff at an alarming rate. He'll be fine.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy...
    I hope you enjoy using the Woodland and do let me know how you get on.
    Sara x

    ReplyDelete