Tuesday 14 September 2010

I can haz a purty!!!


I have just this morning received my brand new blocking wires in the post, very promptly, as I only ordered them on Sunday :)... Then I realised I could have collected them as the shop is only a few miles away...

So after excitedly opening the tube and finding the wires and T-pins inside, I set to blocking my freshly finished Centrique in my luuuurvely Babylonglegs Semi-Precious yarn specially dyed for ME! And boy, was it a good buy! I am a blocking convert, and every shawl, shawlette, scarf and neckerchief I knit will now be properly blocked instead of just flattened with that clothes-flattening-device-thingamabob that hubby uses on the boys' school shirts.

The Centrique (pattern by Carol Feller) was a very quick knit, and although it looks rather intimidating at first, beginner lace knitters should not fear! It is deceptively simple, and with rather instant gratification too - what more can you ask for? I made only one mod to this pattern (and I'm usually a very heavy mod'er), and that was the centre. I didn't want the spine you get
with the yarn over increases at the centre the pattern called for, so decided to try something else. When I got to the centre st, instead of the YO, I picked up and knitted the front of the st below the centre st, knitted the centre st, then picked up and knitted the back of the same st below... Does that make sense? Anyone who wants is welcome to nose in my Ravelry projects to see more pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful stitching! I can see the Nordic influence, I am a big fan of the lovely lacey patterns that just come naturally to knitters from Finland and Norway - one day I will manage something similar.

    ReplyDelete